Are you trying to make your bleached hair smooth and shiny again? While bleaching your hair is enjoyable, dealing with the effects can be difficult. Fortunately, there are many natural remedies you can use to restore and improve the texture of your hair while maintaining its luster. Learn how to make your bleached hair healthy again by scrolling below.
How to Restore Bleached Hair Naturally
When you bleach your hair, you're effectively removing its natural color by subjecting it to a chemical process. As a result, your hair may appear damaged, dry, and brittle, leaving it susceptible to sun damage. Here are 6 natural ways to restore the damage caused by bleaching:
1) Make Your Own Hair Mask
To restore the shine to your damaged, dry, bleached hair, try one of these incredibly hydrating DIY hair masks:
Yogurt Hair Mask Recipe:
Credit: Envato Elements/ Vecpho Studio
To enhance the shine of dry or damaged hair strands, try this yogurt hair mask recipe:
- Combine one cup of yogurt with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Apply this paste to your hair, then wait 10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
Avocado Hair Mask Recipe:
Credit: Envato Elements/ al69mutter
To give your hair new life, try this avocado hair treatment:
- Crush an avocado and mix it with an egg to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to damp hair and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Use warm water to rinse.
Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Mask Recipe:
Credit: Envato Elements/ ARTFULLY79
Use this fantastic DIY hair mask to revive lifeless hair:
- Combine 3 egg whites, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Rub the mixture into your hair.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Shampoo and condition as usual.
2) Use Nourishing Hair Oils
Credit: Envato Elements/ Prostock-Studio
A nourishing hair oil works as a pre-and post-shower treatment to protect and hydrate your hair cuticles. Oiling your hair before shampooing will create a barrier that prevents the shampoo from removing any natural oils from the hair shaft. Applying oil after getting out of the shower helps retain moisture.
To restore bleached hair, you can use nourishing hair oils such as coconut oil, almond oil, argan oil, and other oils.
3) Use a Rice Water Rinse
Credit: Envato Elements/ Natabuena
A rice water rinse is an excellent DIY treatment for bleached hair. Including a rice water rinse in your hair care routine can reinforce your hair cuticle and also repair dry hair, enhance bounce, and reduce breakage.
To make your own rice water rinse, boil a bowl of rice in water. After shampooing, apply the strained rice water rinse.
4) Use a Protein-Infused Shampoo
Credit: Envato Elements/ ametov41
To repair dry, brittle ends, you need to add a little protein to the mix. You can do this by using a hair treatment made of an egg and some shampoo. If making your own protein treatments doesn't appeal to you, there are various protein shampoos available at beauty supply stores.
5) Keep an Eye on Your Diet
Credit: Envato Elements/ BrianAJackson
In addition to using the above DIY treatments, you must pay attention to your diet. Consider including the following items in your diet:
- Eggs: Eggs promote hair growth and smoothness while reducing hair loss.
- Oats: Melanin, which is produced by oats, stops hair loss.
- Omega 3: Think about taking borage oil or flaxseed supplements. Both these supplements are high in omega-3 which is excellent for maintaining the moisture in hair (and nails).
6) Drink More Water
Credit: Envato Elements/ RossHelen
Make sure you're providing your body with adequate water so that it can hydrate itself completely. But, what volume of liquid would a typical, healthy adult need? According to experts, men and women should drink 15.5 and 11.5 cups of water per day, respectively.
Additional Maintenance Tips for Bleached Hair
Credit: Envato Elements/ sergio232323
In addition to using natural therapies to treat bleached hair, you can also use the following recommendations to keep your hair strands healthy:
- Replace cotton pillowcases with silk pillowcases. Cotton pillowcases can be rough on the hair causing hair breakage.
- To prevent your hair from drying out, try shampooing it once a week or every other day instead of every day.
- Avoid using heat styling tools and let your hair air dry after washing it.
- Invest in quality hair ties that won't pull or harm brittle hair strands.
- Use a heat protectant before heat styling.
- Avoid combing wet hair. This can result in hair breakage.
- To revive your dry locks, visit a salon to receive a professional deep conditioning treatment.
We hope that the tips mentioned above have been helpful in teaching you how to make bleached hair soft and silky again. To prevent further damage to bleached hair, avoid using elastic hair ties. Visit Burlybands to shop for hair ties that won't damage your hair.